Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tip 2

This morning I was awakened early (before 5 am) by my alarm clock, Every morning I set it early enough to allow me time to get up, do my prayers, meditate, set my goals, blog, do my morning correspondence, get a good breakfast while watching sports center, shower, dress and get to work by 7:10.

This morning, like many, I lied in bed thinking about not getting up but then I did any how. It is dark and cold and another hour of sleep would feel great but..........
I am comitted to my rituals and that is tip number two. "Rituals"

Rituals are what you do (the steps you take) day after day at the same time each day to put organization and consistency in your life. These two items, above all else are the cornerstones of success. The dictionary describes a ritual as "any practice or pattern of behavior regularly performed in a set manner." Rituals are so important because they allow you to turn tasks into behaviors and behaviors (positive ones) into habits and successful habits will propel your practice throught he roof.

Tip 2 - Create your own rituals for success. Beginning right now, commit to the positive steps you will take in and out of your office. Steps which will create forward momentum in your attitute, behavior and health. Start from the morning and work your way until the evening.

Morning Ritual
Ride to Work Ritual - Fill your head with a motivational tape or perhaps some good music. I love the comedy stations on my way to work. Whatever peps you up and puts you into "State" do it. Make your ride to work fun, educational and motivational.

Pre-opening ritual - Morning huddle with staff, go over your schedule, look over daily financials and upcoming promotions.....

You get the picture.

Now for a word of warning - In order to be effective (listen close because here this is the mac-daddy of recurring themes in the success game) they must be done consistently and they must be done will all of the conviction in your heart. You never miss a day of doing your rituals. Nobody said this was going to be easy. No whing or complaining, if you want to be successful - do what successful people do - all of the time - every day - day in and day out - no exceptions. When you feel like you do not want to do your rituals is when you desperately need to do them.

So have a great day, I am off for some goal setting.

If you need more help or direction visit www.successfuldc.com I currently have slots open for my new VIP One-on-One Web Based coaching program. This is a personalized one-on-one coaching program where you and I work together directly to answer your most burning questions on how to run a successful practice and become a better businessperson.

Hope to see you at Parker. Please note that I may not post again until we get back on Monday. That should give you plenty of time to work on your rituals and goals. I look forward to hearing how it is going?

Dr. Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment