Saturday, January 9, 2010

Welcome to Successful DC

Welcome to the Successful DC blog. This blog is an extension of Successful DC Seminars and Consulting and has been created in order to help my fellow chiropractors reach higher levels of success and happiness in lives and in practice.

In the coming days and years I will post a daily(or as often as I can) message pertaining to chiropractic, the success principles or some area of life or philosophy which you will be able to implement immediately to achieve a higher level of fun and profitability in your life.

Please feel free to respond and share your wisdom for the benefit of the other doctors who belong to this blog. This site is for the exchange of information, philosophy, technique, and success principles. Let others know how you are doing and what you are doing.

What we do NOT do here is discuss politics, religion or anything offensive. If you are considered outside the rules, you will be warned and given a second chance - there will be no third. Everyone has something to share no matter their technique or practice style and all opinions are valuable. Here, no technique is better than another, we are all here to learn.

Enough of that stuff.
____________________________________________________________________

Here is a little background on me. I grew up Long Island, dropped out of High School in the 12th grade and joined the Navy where I earned my flight wings as an H3 helicopter crew chief. I got my GED while I was in the Navy. I left after 4 years with an Honorable discharge and began working at Sikorsky Aircraft in Connecticut where I was a part of the final inspection team for the Black Hawk helicopter and a member of their field modification team. After leaving there I worked at Grumman Aerospace for a number of years. I left Grumman when the entrepreneurial bug bit me and I have never looked back. I owned a commercial cleaning company, a Real Estate office and a mortgage brokerage firm before deciding to follow my dream and become a chiropractor. During my time in banking I was a founder and president of the National Association of Mortgage Brokers for two years. One night after a particularly grueling day in NYC I drove home in the snow (got home about 2 am) and I woke my wife up and told her I wanted to go back to school - 3 months later we were living in SC and I was finishing my prereq's for Sherman College. This was no easy feat - a 1 year old, a 3 year old, a mortgage and we were broke. In fact, we had to file bankruptcy to make our vision come true. I would go to school from 7:30 am until 4:00 pm and then would rush home, grab my clothes and go wait tables until about 11:00 pm. While in school, I created the Ultimate Success Journal as a way to condense the Universal Laws of Success into one creative Life Planning System. It worked! I graduated on time and was licensed to practice before I graduated. I rented an office 6 months before I graduated and before I was even licensed to practice and rented it to a chiro who had graduated a few months before me. I graduated on Saturday and was open on Monday. The Monday I opened, my wife Nancy started Sherman and if was great to see her follow her dream. Once she graduated we moved to the mountains of NC. Nancy opened our practice there until I could sell the one in SC and for the past 9 years we have practiced together in the wonderful little town of Brevard.

We have been members of practice management groups and have learned from many great mentors. the Ultimate Success Journal has become a standard for many chiropractors and entrepreneurs and has sold in book stores, colleges and is being used in over 11 countries.

I received my ordination as a non-denominational minister in 2007 and I use it to help in hospital and prison ministries. Always involved in the field of human potential, I have worked as a graduate assistant for Dale Carnegie and I am on the advisory board of 3 speaking and coaching groups. My goal is to simply help people achieve their highest vision.

Currently my new book "How to Run a Really Cool Practice and Make a Really Big Profit" is now on the market. It is a compilation of many of the success tools I have learned over the years and was written so my fellow chiros can glean this information without paying a fortune for it.

All of my products are designed to simplify the process and be affordable. I consider myself a systematizer. I like to take complex information and reduce it to its simplest form so everyone can understand it and get the true value of it. My latest product is the Ultimate Marketing Calendar.

I started Successful DC as a way to help my friends who were struggling in practice. I give straight forward practice tips and mentoring advice. Running a great practice is fun and easy to do if you follow a few simple steps.

I love to fly airplanes, ride my motorcycle and spend time with my family. I am a pilot with the Civil Air Patrol and a member of our local toast Masters Group. I have 4 dogs, live on the golf course, have homes and investment properties at the beach and practice 3 days a week.

I come from a broken home and have been in recovery for almost 25 years. As you can see, if I can do it - so can you.

Enough about me.
____________________________________________________________________

Beginning tomorrow and carrying over for the next 100 days, I will be sharing tips from my latest book and from there, we could go anywhere. Please forward this blog to everyone on your list and get active by sharing your wisdom.

In health and prosperity,
Steve Cagen

PS - Sometimes my spelling is a little bit off. My mind works faster than my fingers.

Lesson One

Things do not have to be perfect before you begin implementing. Sometimes you have to take your foot off of the brake pedal and just get going!

See you tomorrow,
Steve







No comments:

Post a Comment