Monday, January 18, 2010

Tip 3

Well we are back from the Parker Seminar in Vegas and everyone had a great time. There is always so much to learn and so much to do that you can easily overload your senses which leads to today's tip.

Tip 3: Get some Rest

As chiropractors we like to consider ourselves as super humans and in many ways we are but there is one thing which will affect every part of your practice and your life and that is not getting enough rest.

After the weekend and the travel back and forth I noticed I was getting a little bit cranky and that my attitude was a little bit sour. I always pride myself on being a positive, motivated and upbeat person. In fact there is not much that can get me down but lack of rest can knock the smile off of my face, ruin my "sunny" disposition and send my great attitude into a tail spin.

The 12 step programs have an acronym called HALT. That means never let yourself get to hungry, angry, lonely or tired. When you are out of balance, you lose your focus and your ability to motivate your staff and everything in your world seems to go wrong.

So, today's tip is simple. Get some rest and recharge your system. It's a new year, let's energize our bodies, our minds and our practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment